Thursday, October 6, 2011

Harem Hall of Fame - Humphrey Bogart

Humphrey Bogart

My first experience with Humphrey Bogart was when I was young and naive. My mom had quite the collection of black & white movies and one that she watched quite often was "Sabrina." Now, I'm sad to admit that, at the time, I merely scoffed and left the room when she would put dear old Bogie on the tv screen. It wasn't until years later when I was home sick for the flu for several days and had gone through all our other movies that desperation hit and I started on the B&W collection.

I fell in love with Bogie that day.

"Sabrina" had been the movie to be popped in and I immediately zeroed in on Linus Larrabee, not even giving David Larrabee (played by William Holden) a second look. It was no contest; Bogie stole your attention with his charisma the second he was on screen.

0 comments:

Tell us what you think...