Monday, November 7, 2011

News: Barnes and Noble Releases Nook Tablet


Watch out, Kindle Fire. Looks like you might have some competition.

After weeks of speculation, Barnes and Noble announced this morning that they had their own addition to the lower price spectrum of the tablet market (yeah, iPad, I'm glaring and you and your $500 tag). The Barnes and Noble Nook Tablet is joining the market at $249 versus the Kindle Fire priced at $199.

So far, the reviews seem promising but, as it seems with all technology, time will tell. In the meantime, it's also worthwhile to note that both of Barnes and Nobles' other readers underwent a price drop, putting the Nook Color at $199 and the Nook Simple Touch at $99. We'll see if it's able to provide the competition to Amazon's $79 Kindle.

Personally, as an owner of a first-generation Nook, I continually lament the lack of 3G access on the new line of Nooks. Yes, I realize that, most of the time, you're going to be using your Nook at home with access to your wi-fi. However, I couldn't tell you how many times having 3G on my Nook has saved me from suffering through a book that just wasn't working by letting me go online and click on a new shiney pretty to entertain me while I'm away from home. Hint, hint, BN.

0 comments:

Tell us what you think...